1. 6 Million Trees Campaign for Kenya's Kakamega and Ngong Hills Forests and its surrounding starting 2019 to 2025. We envision a 5 year project planting and managing 1 million trees every year to achieve the 5 million target by end of 2025. This time will enable us plant and manage planted trees until survival stage. This project will partner with local schools, Kenya Forest Service-Kakamega and Ngong, County Governments of Kakamega and Kajiado, Community Forest Association and Community Based Organization. Expected benefits/impact is to have an increased forest cover, restore logged forest areas, create employment, ight climate change, soil and land conservation and having a greener environment. This project is still under development stage.
2. Women Empowerment through Production, Procurement and Supply of Local Agricultural Produce to Hotel Chains in Amboseli Tourist Destination 2019-2020. We had piloted this project in Amboseli for 2 groups and it was successful. We plan to continue implementing it from 2019 handling 6 group of women and hotel chains within Amboseli and Tsavo tourist destinations. This is part of our Pro Poor Tourism Development mission.
3. Linda Kizazi will be a project that focuses on Increasing Coverage of Maternal,Neonatal and Child Health services in Kenya by 2020. This will be a project addressing barriers leading to low demand and access to quality Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health Care services in hard to reach areas. With this we shall be able to increase coverage of Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health services.The project will target women of reproductive age, pregnant women and infants/children at pregnacy, delivery and post natal periods. We plan to implement this project in hard to reach areas of Kajiado and Narok Counties. This project will make contributions to Kenya National RMNCA Investment Framework of 2016 aligning to its goal and objectives. This project will contribute to increasing coverage on uptake of contraceptive, ANC, skilled delivery, postnatal, immunization and nutrition services. Demand for RMNCH services will increase in the targeted counties.
4. Training of Communities living adjascent to Forests on Sustainable Use and Conservation of Forest(Ecotourism Activities). The project will be implemented in Kakamega, Mau, Aberdare, Mt.Kenya, Kaimosi, Nandi Hills, Mt Elgon and Ngong Hills Forests.
5. Supporting Craft, Bead work, and Establishment of Curio shops for Community groups in Amboseli and Tsavo Tourist destination.